Healthy Roots Dental: Celebrate the world oral health month by taking good dental and oral care
Every year on 20th March, World Oral Health Day is celebrated. March is an international month to celebrate benefits of a healthy mouth and promote worldwide about the importance of oral hygiene and awareness of the issues related to oral health.
Good dental and oral care is actually important for maintaining healthy gums, healthy teeth and tongue. It is our responsibility to take care of our mouth starting in childhood. Oral problems like dry mouth, cold sores, tooth decay, bad breath, TMD, thrush can be cured with proper diagnosis and proper cure.
Here is some more information about dental problems:
- Bad breath (Halitosis): Bad breath is medically known as Halitosis this can be a result of poor dental health habit and can be a sign of health problem.
- Dry Mouth: This problem is more than just feeling thirsty. When our glands do not produce enough saliva the moth gets uncomfortable and dry. Saliva also prevents infection and control fungi and bacteria in mouth.
- Tonsils and Glands: There are many gland problems like Salivary gland stones, tonsil stones and peritonsillar Abscess.
- Canker sores and cold stores.
- Oral cancer: This includes cancers related to cheeks, hard and soft palate, pharynx, lips, floor of the mouth, sinuses and tongue.
Here are some dental care basics for healthy teeth:
- Tongue, Lip and Cheek piercing: Piercing may be attractive to some but there are many health related risks with these oral piercing.
- Health care plan: Good oral health plan not only includes brushing of teeth but maintaining and understanding your oral health needs. Eat a balance and limited diet. Use of tobacco and its similar products are very harmful for the teeth. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth once.
- Talk with your dentist about any special condition in your mouth. Dental appliances can impact the overall health and may cause a change in your mouth.
- Children and Adults must use fluoride. It prevents tooth decay and strengthens developing teeth n Children.
Here are some ways you can do to prevent bad breath:
- Plague is the main cause of bad breath. It is sticky material that buildup on the teeth and collects bacteria that cause bad breath. You can get rid of this plague by:
- Brushing your teeth regularly and at least twice and floss it at least once.
- Rinsing out your mouth with your favorite mouth wash, they add extra protection and helps you get rid of bacteria.
- Gentry brush your tongue with tongue cleaner or your brush.
- Eat healthy food.
Healthy roots dental is the largest dental organization in the world and thinks that oral health is very important in the contribution for overall well being and health. The dentists offer reliable and up to date health information about diseases anytime and anywhere. Everyone must keep this in mind that proper treatment and identification is oral infections is important to prevent its spread.